Arapahoe County recommends that those who are unvaccinated against COVID-19 wear a mask in public spaces. If you are in need of a mask or hand sanitizer, please visit the event registration desk. We have supplies for your use. Anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 including, but not limited to, experiencing difficulty breathing or a fever should refrain from attending the event. We are asking workshop attendees to wash their hands before and after each workshop, and maintain as much space as possible between themselves and other attendees.
With the safety of our participants, staff and competitors in mind, we are closely monitoring the CDC website as well as the Arapahoe County Colorado guidelines for updates regarding current COVID-19 protocols. Safety of our participants is our top priority. By providing this information, we hope that you can better make an informed decision about your participation in the Colorado Country Classic.
According to the Arapahoe County website, “Beginning Monday, May 17, County customers and employees are not required to wear masks indoors, however the state recommends mask wearing for those who are not vaccinated against COVID-19…Arapahoe County has moved into the LEVEL CLEAR. In Level Clear, businesses, schools, restaurants and other facilities will be able to operate at 100% capacity. There will be no further restrictions beyond the state’s mask-wearing requirements for indoor spaces and any state public health orders still in effect.”
This is good news for us as we continue to prepare for the event. We will continue to take precautions for everyone’s safety, so the following protocols will be in effect. Please note that we will amend these protocols as necessary as the event date approaches.
- Masks are still recommended in all areas (except private rooms) for anyone who has not been vaccinated.
- NO FORMAL WARMUPS: Due to the Covid restrictions, we will not offer our normal warm-up format.
- We will limit the number of competitors in each heat.
- We will be holding workshops this year on a limited basis. The frequency of partner rotation will be based on guidelines at the time of the event. Social distancing of 6’ will be encouraged.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be set up in the ballroom as well as throughout the hotel.
And, in light of COVID-19 and for precautionary measures, the Hyatt Regency has implemented the following practices:
- Increased frequency of common area cleaning
- Hand sanitizer available to guests and staff
- Plexi-shields are installed at the front desk
- Contactless check-in and chick-out available for Hyatt members
- Social distancing stickers have been placed in the lobby
- Guest room linens are disinfected between guests
- Temperature checks are given to all staff prior to the start of their shift
It is our goal to provide a safe and sanitary environment for all our guests. Please adhere to these guidelines while attending the Colorado Country Classic. We hope to see you very soon!!
Kay, Jeremy, Kelly, and Rhonda